The Mission of Ambu-Stat is to be the Leader
in Emergency and Non-Emergency Ambulance Services, Transportation, and Community Health Resources.
The core values of Ambu-Stat are values which each
member of our organization holds that creates the foundation of unparalleled professionalism and unsurpassed service. We are committed to treating our patients with the utmost respect by providing
dependable, precise, and courteous medical transportation services. We will strive to earn their loyalty by having a completely satisfied customer at the end of each ambulance transport.
we are focused on the safety and well-being of our patients. The customer always comes first as we strive to exceed your expectations!
Ambu-Stat Ambulance Service provides Douglas County as well as surrounding communities with superior non-emergency ambulance transport 24 hours a day, 7 days a
This would include non-emergency medical transport from home, extended care facility or nursing home to the nearest hospital; post-hospital
discharge non-emergency medical transport to extended care facility, nursing home, or patient's home; non-emergency medical transport to dialysis, chemo, radiology
treatments for those that qualify. Each patient needs a Certificate of Medical Necessity in order to qualify for a non-emergency transport by ambulance. The following would
categorize what is needed to qualify for a non-emergency ambulance transport:
- The patient is bed confined; or
- The patient must not be able to get out of bed with or without assistance;or
- The patient must not be able to walk; or
- The patient must not be able to sit in a chair, including a wheelchair; or
- The patient had to remain immobile because of a fracture that had not been set or the possibility of a fracture
(e.g., hip fracture); or
- The patient is in a body cast; or
- The patient has signs and symptoms of severe pain or distress or a medical condition or conditions that would be
exacerbated by transport other than ambulance; or
- The patient must remain in a supine position; or
- The patient must be removed by stretcher because of a specific physical condition or limitation.
- IV meds/fluids required
- Special handling/isolation required
- Third party assistance oxygen dependent
- Patient is confused, combative, lethargic, or comatose
- Require special handling during transport
- Unable to maintain erect sitting position in a chair for time needed to transport
- Unable to sit in a chair or wheelchair for duration of transport
- Grade II or greater decubitus ulcers
- Morbid obesity requires additional personnel equipment to safely handle patient
- Dementia| Alzheimer's Disease| Altered LOC
P.O. Box 1934
Douglasville, GA 30133
Office: (770) 489-2545, Fax: (770) 489-2578
To schedule a
non-emergency medical transport call: (770) 489-2545
Emergency care and
This would encompass anything
that a layperson would consider an emergency.
Medicare categorizes the
following to be an emergency: uncontrolled bleeding, chest pain, difficulty breathing, unconscious or in shock, had to be restrained, and required emergency treatment enroute.
For emergencies ALWAYS DIAL 9-1-1
Learn more about us and meet our dedicated staff members.
We're looking forward to serving you!